Understanding China becomes easy increasingly.

 

I believe it is increasingly easy to understand the PRC because usually one just needs to understand one person – the middle school dropout (MSD, i.e., General Secretary Xi).

I would never claim that I can read his mind but I believe many people are way off when it comes to the MSD and so-called West Korea under his rule (he is North Koreanization of the PRC).

I tried to convince people that the MSD has a typical Chinese imperial mindset wrapped with communism/Marxism as decoration. Allow me to try again here by using a different approach – through a person of his generation whom I know well.

He is about 5 years younger than the MSD.  His schooling was also interrupted by the Cultural Revolution.  Unlike the MSD, he was well educated after the CR – REAL MD, Ph.D., did his postdoc in the West.  I used to have long conversations with him in Beijing before he left China.  He has been back to China. 

I am convinced he is typical of a large swath of people of his generation including the MSD.  Let me use a book to make a point. He is a genuinely nice and sincere person.  He is neither a CCP member nor a propagandist.  However, he published a book 10 years ago to argue that the Great Cultural Revolution was well designed and well justified.  Yes, you read it right: a well-educated person who suffered from the Cultural Revolution wrote a book to praise it.  I prefer not referencing the book publicly.

It would require a long essay to explain this type of mindset in detail. It is a product of Chinese history, culture, communist influence, most importantly, the CCP’s chronic brainwashing that unfortunately has incurred irreparable permanent intellectual damage.

These people can be extremely knowledgeable and perfectly logical at one moment but have a deep intellectual flaw at another.  The MSD is probably among the worst of this type of his generation. 

It does not surprise me that the MSD openly refers to the disastrous first 30 years of the CCP rule as the necessary prelude to the fast economic development of the following 30 years.  He may not use the phrase “Cultural Revolution” to label his current cultural revolution.

I must confess that I had an illusion about him briefly around 2012 in light of his father and his own suffering during the cultural revolution but a renowned CCP insider told me to give it up.   It is hard to understand anyone who still with any illusion about him today.

There are two major flaws regarding the MSD’s rule:

  1. He lacks induction capability. In other words, he is unable to observe things (e.g., all the damages incurred by his wolf warriors) to formulate a hypothesis (e.g., wolf warrior foreign policy is not optimal under the current circumstances).
  2. He does not have a normal feedback loop to correct mistakes. Instead, he has a positive feedback loop to exacerbate his mistakes as Mao did. For example, if wolf warriors fail to achieve a goal, he will increase their howling.

I have no doubt he is involved in handling the Evergrande implosion.  I doubt the best advice can enter his positive feedback loop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google's Local Guides program's policy enforcement is the worst

PRC COVID mortality estimate: 3M - 5M

Thoughts on the Rashist slaughter in Ukraine