Poland stands with Ukraine (Ukraine: wounded beauty fighting for us V)


I thought I knew the communist history, especially all of its major events, reasonably well thanks to the 2-decade mandatory education on them, so I was surprised by what I saw at the Polish Army Museum last week - Poles stopped a major communist expansion.




Together with Ukrainians, they stopped the Russian Bolsheviks despite they fought Ukrainians not long before. The commissar of the Red Army in the war was Stalin who endured his biggest humiliation as a result of this defeat. Suddenly, so many things started to make sense.






The humiliation may be one reason for this ruthless butcher to murder 22k Polish officers in Katyn. Today, it is the 2nd time Poles and Ukrainians stand together to fight Russian expansion by another ruthless Russian butcher.

I was very much impressed by the Poles. At Przemysl, a major entry point from UA, I saw volunteers from elementary school pupils to people in their 70s working enthusiastically at the train station. I assume they were primarily helping UA refugees tho they tried to lend me a hand too.

I saw the same level of enthusiasm at a volunteer center to help Ukrainian refugees across the museum. 

BTW, the Polish Army Museum and its adjacent National Museum in Warsaw are a wonderful shortcut for learning a lot about the great country Poland.




.































Ukraine: wounded beauty fighting for us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google's Local Guides program's policy enforcement is the worst

PRC COVID mortality estimate: 3M - 5M

Thoughts on the Rashist slaughter in Ukraine