Ukraine will take all its territories eventually regardless of US politics

I have not changed my belief that Ukraine will take back all its territories eventually since President Zelenskyy said "I need ammunition, not a ride" and Ukrainian warriors stopped the Rashist advance. 

It is just a question of cost and time. The basis of my point is that the Moscow KGB thug regime will end. It may take longer than many like, similar to the CCP mafia regime in the PRC which has survived much longer than I originally expected. I maintained my PRC citizenship and delayed my naturalization for a long time in the hope that I would cast my vote in the first democratic election that we fought for in 1989. I did not expect the West to give such overwhelming support to the CCP to help extend its life.

However, I have never doubted the totalitarian regime will be finished, and the Chinese people will be free, and so will the Russian people.  When the CCP regime is finished, China will disintegrate inevitably, and so will Russia after the KGB thugs are done. 

The worst scenario for Ukraine is its eastern part turned into Afghanistan 2.0 to trigger Russia's disintegration 2.0 and the return of all its occupied territories in the end.

Unlike many others, I am not convinced that Trump 2.0 will be a disaster for Ukraine. I don't dispute the possibility.  It will be a disaster for both πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ and πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ if he appoints Col. MacGregor, Carlson, MTG, or their likes to key national security positions.

Fortunately, I watched Trump closely for 4 years, so I do not need to read any think tank pieces or listen to any lectures to understand him. 

In 2016, I thought the US would fall to the bottom after listening to Trump's praise of the regime killing us in 1989, the main reason that compelled me to come to the US. It never crossed my mind that his administration would turn out to be the toughest on the CCP.

His administration turned the tide against the CCP for the first time after 4 decades of appeasement at a huge cost to the West's prosperity and security. Most PRC sanctions against US officials happened under his administration. The CCP even made a documentary to bash his State Secretary whom they label as "the common enemy of humankind"

It is indisputable that Trump admires so-called strong men (we call them dictators).  He never bothers to try to hide this. However, Trump is the type of person who can hug and backstab them at the same time.

I have not changed my belief that the slaughter in Ukraine would not have happened if Trump had been the US president.

I believe this is what would have happened if Trump had been the US president in 2022:

1. The KGB thugs would have had fewer events showing the weakness of the US to encourage them. There would have been zero chance for Trump to send people to beg the CCP to stop the planned invasion.

2. No matter what Trump had thought of Russia or Ukraine, his cabinet members would have reacted strongly against the intended invasion and made it clear to the KGB thugs.

3. They would likely have shown the US strength as Bush did in 2008 by docing US naval warship at the port of Batumi signaling American resolve during Russia's Georgia invasion instead of weakness by begging Beijing as the current administration did.

4. If KGB thugs had still decided to go ahead with the invasion, it would have been an unbearable humiliation to Trump's gigantic ego. He would have acted with his characteristic fury to hit russia hard instead of slow-walking the aid to Ukraine as the current administration does.

I have little idea what Trump will do exactly regarding Ukraine. I have learned not to take his word at face value, let alone others' about his future plans. 

I can take anything as long as no territorial concession. A ceasefire is fine.

In case, you wonder, I am not a Trumper. I am just trying to say that I am not convinced that Trump's presidency will be a disaster for Ukraine as believed by many others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google's Local Guides program's policy enforcement is the worst

PRC COVID mortality estimate: 3M - 5M

Thoughts on the Rashist slaughter in Ukraine